Get help downloading files.
Washington State Adult Basic Education - Pathways to College and Careers for Washington's Emerging Workforce
Goals for ABE Advocacy
- Increase awareness of the benefits of adult basic education and its benefits to students, the community, and the state.
- Increase awareness of adult literacy programs in the community.
- Increased awareness of literacy among elected officials.
- Increased visibility of programs, both in the community and within the college.
- Raise public awareness of the challenges and issues of adult literacy.
Customizable brochures and posters created for 2014 ABE Advocacy. Providers who wish electronic versions of these materials should contact Susan Kidd firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Literacy Week Videos
- Bellingham Technical College - I-BEST Programs 2009.
- Cascadia Community College, Edmonds Community College, Everett Community College, Lake Washington Institute of Technology, Shoreline Community College - I-BEST Programs, 2011.
- Clark College - Better Skills. Better Jobs. Better Lives 2008.
- Clover Park Technical College - Literacy, Better Skills, Better Jobs 2007.
- Columbia Basin College - Campus to Community, Oct.2010
- Edmonds Community College - I-BEST Student Interviews 2009.
- Grays Harbor College - Faces of Success, 2011.
- Lower Columbia College - Adult Literacy Week 2010.
- Lower Columbia College, Centralia College, Clark College - I-BEST Video 2010.
- Pierce College - I-BEST Video 2010.
- South Puget Sound Community College - I-BEST Video 2010.
- Walla Walla Community College - Adult Literacy Week 2010.
- Wenatchee Valley College - Adult Literacy Week 2010.
Contact Susan Kidd, Kathy
Cooper, or Sherry Nelson for more information.
Literacy Week Products
Top of page