Get help downloading files.
Tech Prep is an industry and education partnership committed to providing a highly-trained and motivated workforce, prepared to pursue lifelong learning in a changing technological society.
Tech Prep provides occupational pathways for students by preparing them for technologically advanced careers and postsecondary education by emphasizing strong academic, technical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills. Tech Prep prepares students for the world of work and helps maintain a quality life in a changing society.
Tech Prep is a national educational initiative. It includes a rigorous and focused course of study that provides students with essential academic and technical foundations that prepare students with necessary workplace skills.
Under Carl Perkins Title II legislation, Tech Prep must:
- Lead to an associate degree, two-year certificate, or apprenticeship.
- Provide technical preparation in at least one field of engineering technology; applied science; mechanical, industrial, or practical art or trade; or agriculture, health, or business.
- Build student competencies in mathematics, science, technology, and communications through a sequential course of study.
- Lead to employment or further education.
Federal Tech Prep funds were eliminated on July 1, 2011.
Tech Prep Documents
Tech Prep Consortium Websites
- Washington Tech Prep
- Tech Prep College Connections (Bellevue,
Lake Washington, Shoreline, Edmonds, Cascadia)
- Basin Programs of Study (Big Bend)
- Lewis & So. Thurston County
- Clark-SW Washington Consortium (Clark)
- Columbia Basin Consortium (Columbia Basin)
- Edmonds Tech Prep Consortium (Edmonds)
- Sno-Isle/Everett Community College Consortium (Everett)
- Twin County Consortium (Grays Harbor)
- So. King County Tech Prep Consortium (Green River, Renton,
- Career Pathways
- West Sound Education Consortium (Olympic)
- North Olympic Peninsula Consortium-Professional Technical Education Program (Peninsula)
- Pierce County Career Connection (Pierce Ft. Steilacoom, Pierce,
Puyallup, Tacoma, Bates, Clover Park)
- Seattle Tech Prep Consortium (Seattle Central,
- SVC Tech Prep/Career Pathways (Skagit Valley)
- South Sound Tech Prep
Partnership (South Puget Sound)
- Northeast Washington/Spokane Consortium
(Spokane, Spokane Falls)
- Southeastern Washington Tech Prep Consortium
- North Central Washington Tech Prep
Consortium (Wenatchee Valley)
- Whatcom Tech Prep Consortium (Bellingham, Whatcom)
- Yakima Valley Community College Tech Prep (Yakima)
For information about Tech Prep, contact Tiffany Merkel.
Top of page
Page Manager: email@example.com
Page Reviewed/Updated: May 22, 2013, 11:26 AM