Council for Basic Skills (CBS)
Get help downloading files.
Council for Basic Skills (CBS) comprises all basic skills providers funded through Adult Basic Education at the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges. CBS meets quarterly to carry out its two-fold purpose:
- To assist and report to the Instruction Commission on issues affecting state, local, or federally funded adult and family literacy programs and basic skills education issues, and
- To promote student success by improving and coordinating basic skills instruction, in accordance with the state and federal guidelines for Adult and Family Literacy education.
Current chairperson: Brigitte Kidd, Centralia Community College
Phone: 360-736-9391 x 403
Current and previous meeting minutes and handouts.
July 25-26, 2012 - Yakima Valley Convention Center and Yakima Valley Community College
- October 11-12, 2012 - Spokane Community College
- January 24-25, 2013 - Renton Technical College
- April 18-19, 2013 - Seattle Central's Georgetown Campus
Page Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Reviewed/Updated: March 08, 2013, 4:26 PM