Washington State Student Services Commission Constitution
The administrators primarily responsible for student services in the Washington State Community & Technical College System hereby establish the Washington State Student Services Commission (WSSSC), which shall be directly responsible to the presidents' organization WACTC of the Washington Association of Community & Technical Colleges.
Article I - Objectives
In order to achieve these purposes, the
Commission shall organize to accomplish the following objectives:
To develop student services policy recommendations through a program of research, development, and evaluation which will be articulated to appropriate agencies.
To work with appropriate agencies and organizations to develop and promote an understanding of student services.
To serve as the parent body for student services organizations.
To provide mutual exchange of information and ideas for the purpose of increasing the effectiveness of student services.
Article II- Organizational Structure
Section 1 - Membership
- Voting Members
Voting members of the Commission shall consist of the chief student services officer, or designee, from each community and technical college in the system.
- Ex Officio Members
- State Board liaison for Student Services
- Liaison from the community college presidents' organization (WACTC).
Section 2 - Officers and Responsibilities
Officers of the Commission shall be a president, a president-elect, a secretary, a treasurer, and the immediate past president.
- Shall convene and preside over Commission
and executive committee meetings and establish the agenda for all such meetings.
- Shall establish committees and appoint committee members as appropriate.
- Shall make all liaison appointments to councils.
- Shall represent the Commission on all official matters and serve as Commission representative to designated WACTC committees.
- Shall assume the duties and powers of
the Commission president in the absence of that officer and assume special
assignments as designated by the President.
- Shall be responsible for the records and correspondence of the Commission.
- hall distribute minutes and related information within twenty (20) days of each regular meeting.
- Shall assist the President or his/her designee in preparing and distributing agendas for the Commission meetings and meetings of the Executive Committee.
- Shall establish and maintain financial records and report at regular meetings.
- Shall provide for the payment of all authorized Commission expenses.
- Shall coordinate the arrangements necessary for each regular meeting of the Commission (lodging, meals, meeting facilities, parking, hospitality events, and meeting registration announcements and registrations for meetings).
- Immediate Past President
- Shall serve as a member of the executive committee.
- Shall chair the nominating committee.
- Shall maintain the Commission's web site and membership directory.
- Election of Officers
- Election of officers shall be the last
order of business at the spring quarter meeting.
- A full slate of officers will be presented
by a nominating committee.
- Election will be by a simple majority
of the members present.
Article III - Rules of Order
Roberts' Rules of Order, Revised, shall
be the authority of questions of parliamentary rule.
Article IV- Amendments
This constitution may be amended by a two-thirds
(2/3) majority vote of the members present, providing notification has
been made at the previous meeting or by written notice sent out at least
two weeks prior to the meeting at which the action is to be taken. All
amendments will be written out in full for the study of the members.
Revised: 1966, 1969, 1974, 1977, 1983, 1989, 1997, 1999, 2002
Top of page