Trustees Association of Community and Technical Colleges (TACTC)
Get help downloading files.
What is TACTC?
The Trustees Association of Community and Technical Colleges (TACTC) is comprised of all the trustees of the 30 two-year college districts in Washington and is the "trade association" for trustees.
TACTC provides support and coordination for trustees in the areas of education, communication and advocacy.
The vision of TACTC is to insure quality, affordable, and lifelong educational opportunities for all the people of Washington State. Adopted by the TACTC Board of Directors, 11/6/97.
The mission of TACTC is to support, educate, and unite Washington State community and technical college trustees in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities.
Adopted by the TACTC Board of Directors, 4/9/97.
The Purpose of TACTC
The purpose of TACTC is excerpted from the association's Articles of Incorporation.
The objects and purposes for which this non-profit corporation is formed are pursuant to the provisions of RCW 24.03, as follows:
- To facilitate communication among community colleges of the State of Washington;
- To coordinate development and maintenance of a statewide community college education program;
- To maintain liaison with the Washington State Board for Community College Education (now the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges) and other duly constituted community college-related organizations and agencies;
- To review and/or initiate legislation affecting community colleges and to make appropriate recommendations to the Congress of the United States, the Washington State Legislature and to all appropriate committees thereof; and
- To provide educational programs and information for trustees in order to improve awareness of their roles and responsibilities.
Board of Directors
- President: Dan Altmayer, Highline Community College
- President-elect: Greg Bever, Community Colleges of Spokane
- Secretary: Lisa Parker, Yakima Valley Community College
- Treasurer: Betty Cobbs, Everett Community College
- Immediate Past Pres.: Tim Douglas, Whatcom Community College
- Members At-Large: Mary Moss, Clover Park Technical College and
Tom Campbell, Green River Community College
- Legislative Action Committee Co-Chairs: Bob Roegner, Highline Community College and
Duke Mitchell, Columbia Basin College
Legislative Action Committee
The TACTC Legislative Action Committee (LAC) consists of primary and secondary representatives from each Washington community and technical college district. The LAC’s duties
are to develop legislative priorities for consideration and adoption by the TACTC Board of Directors; promote TACTC legislative and advocacy programs; and provide information
to, and solicit support from, the TACTC membership. The LAC membership list and additional information can be found on the Legislative Action Committee page.
Kim Tanaka, TACTC Director
Candace Robbecke, TACTC Administrative Assistant
Top of page
Page Manager: email@example.com
Page Reviewed/Updated: April 04, 2014, 11:22 AM